Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Snow Days!

It's classic Nebraska weather today. Lots and lots of snow. We had over foot of snow the last two days, 10.5 inches just yesterday. With the 40mph winds the drifts left behind are quite tall. Unfortunately, its bitterly cold out.

We've been occupying our time well though. I made some chocolate chip cookies yesterday. Jonathan came home early, which James was thrilled to have him home to play with. Jonathan spent almost an hour and a half shoveling yesterday. He did end up with some help from our neighbor with his snowblower. We also watched Julie and Julia in the evening. It was a fun movie. Jonathan also went outside to help push a car that was stuck in front of our house. They were a little high centered. The same neighbor was kind enough to come and snow blow our driveway again today. We'll see how long it takes Jonathan to do the sidewalk when he gets home.

James has spent a fair amount of time watching neighbors shovel and snow blow driveways, and the streets getting scooped. Maybe next year he can go outside and play in the snow.

Drifts in the front of our house.


I don't think we are going to be grilling any time soon!

The snow has certainly created a beautiful scene for Christmas. We'll see if it hangs around until then or not. It's putting me in the mood. I think it will feel more like Christmas when I get all our presents wrapped.




No comments:

Post a Comment