Friday, May 13, 2011

How we've been keeping busy lately

Besides unpacking boxes and putting things away, we've been keeping busy and enjoying our new home and the nice the weather that we have started having. James is really enjoying our yard of dirt. He loves to shovel, and move it with his trucks. This is the main thing we do when we go outside.




He does have shovels, but the day I had my camera out, this was what he had chosen to dig with.


Mud is also a big hit, but now that the grading is finished he is limited to where he can dig. I think he'll be even more disappointed when we get grass.
A house is being built behind us and across the street in the front of our house, which provides lots of entertainment. We have seen cement mixers, bobtats (bobcats), bat-hoes (backhoes), and dump trucks. Such fun. Lately, he has been saying "I drive bat-hoe". I'm sure he would if he could.

We've also been spending lots of time at the park.


Swinging.


Playing baseball. He's getting better at hitting the ball farther.


We also have made a trip to the zoo with some friends. Here James is feeding the goats with his friend Ryan, and his mom Emily.


This is the smile get when I ask him to smile for a picture.


He still enjoyed digging in the sand for awhile.


He started to climb this web, but then stopped to go find the camels. (He wanted to do two things at the zoo...see the camels and ride the train.)


We found the camels and fed them too.


Finally, we made it to the train! It was a great time.




We are busy filling our days. It should be a good summer as more changes approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment