A few months ago, there was a fire near our neighborhood. It was an illegal burn on one of those dry, hot, extremely windy Nebraska summer days. The wind caused the fire to spread to our neighborhood. I just happened to be outside to see a thick cloud of smoke blowing down the street. I quick went to see what was happening, and talked to our neighbor that had just called in the fire. (I should mention no one or homes were hurt.) After finding out what was happening I ran back inside and got James up from his nap to see the firefighters and trucks, since this wasn't something that happens everyday. He got to see them hook the hoses up and watch them put out the fire. It was quite exciting and he enjoyed it. Since then everything has been about firetrucks and fire.
A couple weekends ago, the local fire station had an open house so we had to stop. James thought it was great.
He got to spray the hose.
Spray an extinguisher to put out the fire.
The highlight was sitting in a helicopter and watching it land.
Here he is with his fire helmet he got. Alyse got a pink one, but is yet to let me take her picture with it. James enjoys being a firefighter and putting out the fires on Alyse's dollhouse.
No comments:
Post a Comment